Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs Indian Bloggers Community

Thursday 16 April 2020

Day 22 :: Covid-19 Lockdown

 
Day 22 :: COVID-19 Lockdown
  

WhatsApp Mania 


 I woke up a bit groggy as last night's sleep was extremely disturbed due to confused heat and even more confused mosquitoes. I was expecting some news about the direct from farm vegetable vendor who was due to come to our apartments, yesterday I suppose. 

It was very annoying of the Association member to not give any information regarding the same and create another damn WhatsApp group for it! It's like they are on a group creation spree. Demanding information on the main WhatsApp channel be like - Oh! So you wanna discuss about blah blah topic, here's a group for you. And they throw a group link right at your face to pick up the scent. 

Under the current circumstances, it is practically impossible to keep a tab on updates on various subgroups. Hilarious actually, as it is like living in a pond and being surrounded by a group of bossy frogs who do all the work but expect everyone to croak to their tune.
Like wondering through a government office where the counter guy tells you – “Sorry, your query can’t be processed here, please go to counter '{eye-yam-stew-peed}' and register your details there”.

I would rather have more chat with my family and friends during whatever spare time I have left during the day leaking with finished/unfinished chores than roam around like a ghost in this virtual building. 

Damn! I think I have another phobia now - weird WhatsApp group link phobia.
So I put all the building related groups' notification on silent mode for a whole year. For the next dread is during this home isolation phase they might create more such groups like,

1.   Please close the lift door properly group
2.   Upstairs neighbor - stop moving/ banging furniture at weird hours group
3.   ACT fibernet is acting up again group
4.   No electricity- backup not working group
5.   Maid management group 
6. Who took my milk packet group
7.   Who took the dumbbells from the Gym group
8.   Whose fault is it group

And so on and so forth.

I am sure even tonight's sleep would be full of such nightmares.  However, one good thing about disassociating myself from these groups until they regain their sanity, is that I can be free willed and go out more than once on an adventure trip to the supermarket nearby. After all I have a valid explanation of managing food items when there is unsatisfactory help from the association 😜


"Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;

Where knowledge is free;

Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by encrypted WhatsApp walls;

Where words come out from the depth of truth in a single group;

Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards supermarts and vegetable stores;

Where the clear stream of social distancing has not lost its way into the dreary desert of nervous crowd;

Where the mind is led forward into ever-widening thought and action –

Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let me peacefully awake."

 

(With due respect to Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore)


 






2 comments:

  1. Hehe, they are such a tyranny and source of misinformation in my society

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yes and when you need one correct news, no one will ping!

      Delete

 # 3 Best Women Authors of Golden Age Crime Fiction  Vintage Mysteries I had always loved reading crime fiction novels from an early age. Mo...