Visit BlogAdda.com to discover Indian blogs Indian Bloggers Community

Friday 3 April 2020

The Chronicles of Brajmohan Mishra - "COVID-19" Lockdown

 [Disclaimer : This is a work of fiction and any resemblance to the characters alive/departed is purely co-incidental ] 


It is truly, atrociously horrific times, I tell you sir. This virus is like a *Sumo-Tragedy* trying to sit on top of us and crush us with its giant bottom, if you know what I mean, sir. Like the scene in the most famous Harry Potter, the great, "Muggles, in their rightful place!"
Day 1 for me was a trauma, Sir. After that all the days count under the post traumatic stress disorder. I tell you Sir, not going out at all, not be able to stay in, it's like become fully stuck in a No Man land. Fake passport, No Visa.
My wife gave gentle reminder in morning of day 2, what to tell you Sir, she said "No Moping!" Only Mopping!"
She call me, Sir, she call me twice on my phone from the kitchen to ask if I were coming home for dinner, tottally completely forgetting I was at home only!


On the 3rd day, I pretend to be a migrant labourer clamouring to reach my beloved village on foot but got caught by the cops and beaten blue-black. How it aches, I can't tell sir, all the work and muscle flexing. The house job and the appalling monotony of seeing our same faces day in and out, is like repeat telecast of a drama TV series. And all the utensils lying there in the sink in wait to be cleaned is tottaly like a scene from any horror movie, I tell you. They be like ready to pounce on you any moment in time you neglect!



4th day, it was then I hid in my child's play tent, Sir, pretending to be in quarantine. I saw too much news, what to do! I had symptoms, I tell you. What to do, outside horror of the inside of my home just won't end also! I sanitized the TV, the mobile screen, still my symptom won't go away. My teenage daughter, she listened to some song, "Erase and Rewind", Maybe that singer lady is some psychiatrist doctor of mind, you see.
Come day 5, I listed to Sadhguru tottal throughout after my kid convinced me that I was cured of the brain virus and no need to be in quarantine anymore. Very good boy he is, Sir I tell you.

I learnt a lot from the social media too, like, "If you can't go outside, Go inside!" So I went into the bathroom (that is the deepest place I can go in my home) and cleaned it neat as a needle, I tell you Sir. But still no respite. Meditation is the key, go inside your head, Mr Varma, my holy neighbour messaged me.

How to go inside the head I don't know, however, one logic worked just fine with me. "Can one meditate while working or can one work while meditating?" So I brushed every corner and counted all the sticks in the broom. What a ample spiritual feeling it was, I tell you Sir! I got light in the head and a smile appeared on my face.

Then on the 6th day, it suddenly peeped like a ray of divine light into my forehead. I can't express the feeling, the enlightenment, tottally blinding! I am very most certainly like those frontline workers, superheroes of the day! This feeling of powerfully spraying disinfectants and evaporating the virus, is so intoxicating, I tell you Sir. My kids are watching the Avengers. I love them too much.

Day 7, I feel like a robot without artificial intelligence, fitted with a digestive system to sustain the circle of economy, with just the right amount of computing power. Delicate situation, Sir, what to do. But everything is peaceful now. I am like the Buddha, with a halo around my head, a spiritually enlightened Robot.

 So let us RIP together, rest in peace at home all my brothers and sisters of our greatest nation. 
Stay in. Stay safe.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 # 3 Best Women Authors of Golden Age Crime Fiction  Vintage Mysteries I had always loved reading crime fiction novels from an early age. Mo...